Facilitate capacity building, organisational change and empowerment through stakeholder engagement, participatory planning and knowledge management.
Design, implement and analyse social research, and communicate key findings to key stakeholders, including service users and decision-makers.
Manage projects, and provide leadership in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development interventions.
Support and strengthen learning across a range of cultural, organisational and institutional contexts, through lecturing, training, coaching and mentoring
Make use of video and photography to inspire change and bridge the communication gaps that slow the progress of development
Analyse and explain how social identities, including gender, age, ethnicity and (dis)ability, shape inequality, poverty and development outcomes.
Formulate and direct organisational policy and strategy, and support others in this work.
Reconcile differences of interest to build understanding and agreement through mediation and informed discussion
During my career, a number areas of interest have emerged and remained with me.
• Social and participatory research
• Capacity building through advising, training, mentoring
• Facilitation of stakeholder participation
• Youth, age and life course analysis
• Gender analysis, planning and training
• Social identity and its links to poverty, exclusion and opportunity
• Governance, accountability and citizenship
• Sports and development
• Participatory video and photography
• Civil society, charity and volunteerism